According to the marriage act 1955 it is mandatory to register all marriages in a legal way. Now that you are done with all the religious and formal marriage process, it is time to make it legal so that under the law, you can establish the marriage status of the couple.Marriage certificate is the legal testimony to your wedding, as this will definitely help to protect from any sort of mishap particularly with the women.
Why a lawyer is necessary?
In addition, it is common to see that most of the couples are unaware of the marriage process but to your surprise, it is not that tough provided you follow the right step and procedure so that you can have marriage certificate in your hand. There are some guidelines set down by the government in its draft legislation where it is mandatory to register marriage in the state. The state government has pursued legal opinion of the national Law school of India, only premier legal institution (NLSIU) before confirming the law giving.
Documents needed to for the marriage certificate!
The essentials to obtain marriage certificate are as follows:
- Completely filled application form duly signed by bride and the groom.
- Proof of address of husband and wife it could be Passport, Voter ID card, House rent agreement,Aadhaar card are few documents that you must own for the documentation purpose
- Wedding card
- Age proof of the bride and groom either mark statement of 10th standard or the passport.
- Identity proof of the bride and the bridegroom i. e. passport /PAN Card
- 2 passport size of the photograph of both bride and the bridegroom
- 6 copies of the joint photographs of bride and groom in 2B size two photographs of marriage ceremony with their families.
- Affidavit in case of the name change of the bride after the marriage clip of the newspaper cutting of the newspaper pertaining to the name changed information.
Before you head to marriage Registration attorney, you need to fulfil the entireabove-mentioned requirement so that you can easily have your marriage certificate and you can have the legally sanctioned marriage. Now that process is clear to you, what are you waiting for just find the attorney and you are good to go and you can easily have the marriage certificate without any issue and hassle. It is important to follow the rules and regulations as this will make process easy and withoutwasting your time.